Saturday, May 15, 2010

Fiance's Graduation

I wanted to share pics. I see other brides all the time who post graduation pictures and I am happy to be able to add this one to the list!

My fiance graduated Summa Cum Laude, and not only that, he was one of three majors to be recognized for having earned a 4.0 GPA and completing his major in 8 consecutive semesters.

I was sooo proud of him. We took a few pictures:







I swear more family was there (aunt, grandpa, father, sister) but we took most pictues on his dad's camera and I will have to get those later.

Our school is huge and we had to go to two ceremonies over the course of two days. It was rough waking up at six a.m. each day to get there on time! But it was worth it.

And after all of that, we went to his friend's graduation lunch, his graduation dinner, and then I threw him a graduation party! I used Dollar Tree to hook up the decorations! It was so fun, and his family was hilarious because when they found out I was doing a real "college party" for their nephew/grandson/son some people couldn't help but stop by. One aunt in particular, who is generally very proper, has a real sense of humor. She came in and we took a picture of her with a bottle (unopened) and his dad came and asked for a mixed drink while we were setting up. OMG! I had a good time. He had a great time. It was the perfect way to end on a high note.

Friends came out and signed a gift that myself and a good friend helped to make! I love it. And what's nice is the glass of the frame snaps into place so they actually signed the area around the pictures and then the glass goes on top. It actually only holds three 4 by 6 pictures. I am glad because I hate huge pictures. This can go in any room in our new place:



The first is of him and I, next is just him, then him, his siblings and mother. (I will switch that with a photo of him, his mom and dad and siblings once his dad sends me a picture). I went and bought HP premium photo plus paper (for $19!!!) at Walmart to print the photos. Can I just say I am in LOVE with the quality of the paper. And I love the frame, which was marked down 80% at a CVS. We decorated it with fun graduation themed items from Michael's. It was an idea on a whim but I love the sentimentality. All of his closest friends, aunts who were at the party and brothers signed it.

I also enlisted the help of said friend who is of age to supply the "goods" for the party. Fiance got his own bottle of some of the best Vodka for thirty dollars (that was the sale price). It's called 1860's Genuine American Vodka, is hand crafted and distilled from the U.S. grain, and comes wrapped in leather. People were scared of it because it tasted like water but stung stronger than anything when it went down. I did not try it! Got it from BevMo if anyone is interested. It is very highly rated!

Anyway, my fiance was really happy, so I was really happy. I love the frame I got him so much I think I will buy another one!

1 comment:

The Pink Bride

Thanks for visiting!