Sunday, March 28, 2010

Pretty Bouquets

I didn't realize, until talking to a florist, that bouquets come in shapes. Then I started looking at pictures and started comparing bouquets. And I think I found the shape that I like (images taken from theknot.com):







All of the bouquets I like have orchids and calla lilies. Onto the bouquet shapes I definitely do NOT like.

1. Ones that seem to drape or spill over:





Although this one is pretty once it's held to the side:



2. Perfectly round shape. So boring:



3. Long bouquets, like this all calla lily one:



4. And this one, I had never seen before. It reminded me of an octagon:



I know I do not like bouquets that have only one sort of flower. I think two bad examples of those (for my tastes) are purely peonies, or purely calla lilies. I have no clue what my bouquet will be like yet. Hopefully orchids are in season because I love them! Although my birth flower is a rose. Maybe we'll mix those in there.

1 comment:

  1. Your new blog is really pretty and you have butterflies. How perfect is that?

    ReplyDelete

The Pink Bride

Thanks for visiting!