Tuesday, March 16, 2010

E-Pic Prep

So, tomorrow we will be doing our engagement photo shoot with our photographer. Three months before the wedding. Is that late? Early? We didn't have Save-The-Dates so I don't think it matters.

To look more like my best self tomorrow, I have taken the night to prep myself for the photos. I will share with you the things I did:

1. Shampooed Hair. (I would've gone to the beauty college to get my hurr did but they are on Spring Break this week too!)


I used Pantene Pro-V "Beautiful Lengths" Shampoo



2. After lathering and rinsing twice, I deep conditioned with the Pantene Pro-V Restoratives Time Renewal Replenishing mask. With this, I combed through my hair and sat under a heating cap for twenty minutes to deep condition.



While I was conditioning, I started working on face/body.


3. I cleansed with my Clarins Gentle Cleanser for Normal/Combination Skin. Now, this I am using twice a day. I applied to face, neck, chest, back. I will be wearing a spaghetti strap dress! Usually, I just do the face and neck.



4. Then I exfoliated with Prescriptives Immediate Smooth Exfoliator. The line closed down in January so I won't post pics because you can't go out and buy it. But I got rid of dead skin! Which is what exfoliators are supposed to do. This is the point where I looked at my skin and went "Ooh, la la!" It looked good :)

5. I moved on to using my Clarins HydraQuench Cream Mask. I left it on for 5 minutes.



6. Then I followed directions and removed with a toner. I used Clarins Toning Lotion with Camomile for Normal or Dry Skin to wipe it away.



I will put on a moisturizer from Clarins tonight.

Now, I am no expert. This post is for the sole purpose of inspiring the future brides out there to consider their beauty routine and it's importance leading up to E-Pics and Wedding Pics (and bridal shower, anniversary pics, etc., etc.) I am using these things with pretty normal results. I haven't used any of these products long enough to rave about them. But when I do, I'll update you on my progress!

If you have skin issues that you need to take care of, I suggest actually going and talking to some women at the make-up counters at the mall that offer skincare. Some big ones are Clarins, Clinique, Estee Lauder and Lancome. My MIL works at Clarins, after having worked at Prescriptives, so I'm lucky to have her expertise.

Don't let the make-up women upsale you on a lot of things; for oily skin I suggest starting with a 3-step system (cleanser, toner, moisturizer)and working your way up from there. Prices can range from $16-40 a piece. You can usually hit up deals that require you to buy one or two items and get one or two free. This is when I add on things like masks or exfoliators. I am in college and freugal!

I know plenty of people who swear by other brands like Clean & Clear and Neutrogena. Whatever you buy, don't skimp on your routine and do it twice a day of it calls for it! I'll try to follow my own advice :)

I can say my skin is much better than it was in high school now that I cleanse, tone and moisturize regularly.

Whatever your beauty routine, you'll feel sure of the results and them paying off when you feel good prepping for your pictures.

Other steps I did to prep for tomorrow:

7. Made sure I shaved. I will be showing legs and pits (maybe?) tomorrow. I do this regularly, I swear! Lol.
8. Filed and painted nails
9. Laid out and ironed outfits

Let's hope I am satisfied with my look in my pictures tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Pink Bride

Thanks for visiting!