Thursday, June 3, 2010

Song List Request

I'm really into 90s R and B and hip hop. So that explainst this list. Our friend is the dj, I sent him this list that he was nice enough to ask for. I also said no sexually explicit/grinding songs. I mean that's self explanatory, but still. Don't take things for granted! I do not want to hear "sex therapy" at my wedding, even though I love that song. Lol!

Here it is: (Keep in mind my fiance is doing his own list, and I'm sure that he will cover up to date stuff, and the dj is still going to play some of his own things as well.)

Ceremony Music

Pretty Wings-Maxwell (It's sooo pretty, even if it is about breaking up. I guess I justify it by saying someone had to set my baby free so he could find me!)
Ordinary People-John Legend (love ain't a fairytale, ya'll)
By Your Side-Sade (LOVE!)
Still Ray-Raphael Saadiq (Soo sweet)
Tell him-lauryn hill (Gotta have my girl somewhere)
Ride of Our Lives-Jon B (From helpless romantic album. It is a breathtaking song, to me)


WHEN BRIDESMAIDS WALK DOWN: Play “No One Else” by Amel Larrieux so then the bride can walk down to it too.

Reception Music

FIRST DANCE: “Like a Star” Corrine Bailey Ray

Think of you- usher
Oh My Gosh-Usher
This is how we do it-montell jordan
As-Stevie Wonder
Isn’t she lovely-Stevie wonder
Ain’t nobody-chaka khan
I feel for you-chaka khan
I know you, I live you-chaka khan
Put your hands where my eyes can see-busta rhymes (clean/edited)
Feels good-tony toni tone
Green light-john legend
So fresh/so clean-outkast (edited/clean)
Do for love-2pac (edited/clean)
Don’t talk-jon b
You know what’s up-donnell jones
Upgrade you-Beyonce
Get me Bodied-Beyonce
Single Ladies-Beyonce
Waiting for tonight-Jennifer Lopez
Love Like this FATMAN SCOOP REMIX-faith evans
Timbaland featuring Magoo & Fatman Scoop - Now Drop
I can love you-mary j blige ft. lil kim
I can transform ya-chris brown
I get it in-omarion
Jumpin’ jumpin-destiny’s child
Gimme the light-sean paul
Get busy-sean paul
Beat it-Michael Jackson
What about us-total
I like to move it-don’t know who made it (song from Madagascar movie, lol)
Oh Sheila-ready for the world
No Matter What they Say-Lil Kim (edited/clean)
Candy Rain-Soul For Real
Don’t Leave Me-Black Street
No Diggity-Black Street
If I Was Your GirlFriend-Nicole Ray
Pass That Dutch-Missy Elliot
One Thing-Amerie
Vivrant thing-q tip (yes, ‘vivrant’)
Breathe and stop-q tip
The good life-kanye west
Million Dollar Girl-Trina, Keri Hilson
Never leave you-lumidee ft busta rhymes and fabulous
Headsprung-ll cool j
Pretty Girls-Wale

CHILLING SONGS
Passing me by-the pharcyde
The Light-Common
Love of My Life-Erykah badu ft. common
Bag Lady-Erykah badu
Crazy-Gnarls Barkley
NO Letting Go- Wayne Wonder
Pimpin all over the world-ludicrous
Bonita Applebum-a tribe called quest
Umi says-mos def
The people-common
4Ever-Lil Mo
Before You Walk Out of My Life-Monica
Human Nature-Michael Jackson
Right Here-SWV
Weak-SWV
Beautiful-snoop dogg ft. pharell Williams
Paradise-ll cool j ft. amerie
Keep ya head up-2pac (edited/clean)
I’m still in love with you-sean paul
Pulling me back-Chingy ft. tyrese


Slow Songs

If I ain’t got you-Alicia Keys
Michael Jackson-Butterflies

....I'm lacking in the slow songs department. LOL!

I encourage you to look up some of these on Youtube. I had a ball, because once you look up one song on youtube you'll be reminded of a million others you loved. I think it's a good way to come up with a suggestion for your dj. Any song suggestions? Especially slow ones?

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Pink Bride

Thanks for visiting!